Monday, November 4, 2013

PRODUCT REVIEW: IKEA "CRAFT" TABLE

OK...In my (small) house, my sewing room is upstairs and my "cutting table" (ie, dining room table) is downstairs. I desperately needed a table that I can close when not in use to conserve space. My sister got one from Joann's, but it had no storage under it, so I wasn't in a hurry to buy it. This weekend I went to Ikea...ever seen one? They are a world unto themselves! While looking for a chair for my daughter, I happened upon it...this
My dream table! Sturdy, folds down, and has drawers! So, I plunked down the $200 and brought it home. I'm not too terribly enthralled with putting things together, but this is so well designed and so easy to build! They don't even put words on the instructions...just pictures.
I had her together in no time and I've already used her!!! Only downside is, she's about 4" too shallow for my big cutting mat...but I'm not going to complain!
I'm so happy with this table!!!

4 comments:

  1. What a great table! Love the drawer idea, and the folding it down thing. I guess I need to take another look at Ikea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, thanks for stopping by. I LOVE this table! My sister (www.runninghen.blogspot.com) bought one from Joann's...not as sturdy, no drawers, not as expensive...hers is "standing level", while this one is desk level. This was $200 and as I said, it went together like a dream. I recommend it! ~Diana (and Friskie, Boo, Duke)

      Delete
  2. my mat was 4 inches too deep, so I ran a utility knife along the edge a few times, bent it back and put that side against the wall. Perfect!
    LeeAnna Paylor
    leeannaquilts@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LeeAnna~ I'll get around to cutting it...it's plenty big without the 4"...just need to get a strong knife! :) ~Diana

    ReplyDelete