Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Fabric Tuesday~WIP Wednesday~Let's BEE Social!

Sew Fresh QuiltsWIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

I've been in a funk, but I'm shaking it off.

My daughter, Aubrey and I, are working on a quilt for a special couple who are getting married in December. We are using Quick Curve Ruler (Sew Kind of Wonderful Quick Curve Ruler) and this quilt is their Metro Rings pattern (modern double wedding ring). They requested blue/grey color scheme, and we used white/white pearl bracelets as the backgroud...her engagement ring is a pearl, so this seemed really appropriate! My daughter Aubrey has been sewing like mad, and I've been helping, but she is really carrying the load on this one. So without further ado, our progress:







And...my daughter Shannon asked me to make her a new pencil holder. She then went to my fabric stash and "went shopping". Here's what we came up with:


 

Linking up with Fabric Tuesday! Thanks for stopping by, trying to keep on keeping on...

10 comments:

  1. Such a great color palette for the Metro Rings! Can't wait to see it come together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's looking great! How fun that your daughter is doing most the work too! Thanks for picking our Metro Rings pattern...hope you love the end results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how they look like wedding rings in 3 dimension. I'm using a similar color palette on my current quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing! What a fun project to do with your daughter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The metro rings looks great, and how cool that you are working with your daughter to create this gift. :) The pencil holder is cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you have not been feeling too perky... But it is great that you and your girls have gotten some sewing done anyways! Lovely work on the wedding quilt. And what could be better than a homemade pencil case? I still have the one my mom made for me about 40 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at ALL those parts and the double meaning with the pearl fabric for her ring is special. You've been busy, busy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen such interesting arrangements of double wedding ring quilts!! Awesome job both of you. I pieced a wedding ring with black backgrounds and finished the top. I wanted to trapunto it so it's now a ufo. I also hand quilted my sister's heirloom ring left to her by our grandmother. She is so wrong to keep it in a bag on her shelf. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this quilt, if this is what you can do in a funk, out of a funk you must be off the charts awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Diana! LOVE! Can't wait to see this one put together, looks like the two of you are making great progress! The white pearl bracelets fabric is an awesome touch! I considered my self ambivalent to the bracelet line - your use has me wondering if maybe I need to rethink that! Keep sewing, the funk will lift - I promise! I spent several months in a funk - I'm back to sewing up a storm (although definitely not blogging as much) and wanting to do more :)

    ReplyDelete